Mukqs is the solo musical nom-de-plume of Maxwell Allison, one third of Chicago trio Good Willsmith and co-runner/primary graphic designer for Hausu Mountain. Ahead of his new release ダメ人間 (“da-me-nin-gen,” which translates from into “useless person” from Japanese) due out on Umor Rex, Mukqs recorded a live session for us employing the same methods as heard on ダメ人間, roughly assembling samples on to cassette tape and live mixing, processing, and goodness-knows-whatting them into forty minutes of schizoid madness.
email // firstname.lastname@example.org
tweet // @SplsOut
- Thé Déluge – No country (Umor Rex)
- FIN – The Collosus (for Ted Hughes) (Hausu Mountain)
- Sealadder – Hibernal (Hylé Tapes)
- Magnetizer – Reality Redux (feat. The Blues) (Not Not Fun)
- Mukqs – Speedrun Skip Discoveries (Spools Out Live Mix 2017)